NOTE: THE 2019 GREATER DALLAS VETERANS PARADE WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY NOVEMBER 11TH.
The PARADE APPLICATION should be completed online here. Please contact Doug Gagliano at email@example.com with any questions about the online parade application.
RULES FOR PARADE PARTICIPANTS
- Parade Applications will NOT be accepted after 15 October each year.
- All organizations in the parade are asked to carry a banner to clearly identify their organization. The name should agree with the parade application.
- No alcohol is to be brought into or consumed in the staging or parade areas.
- No items are to be passed from parade participants to the spectators (City Ordinance). This includes but is not limited to food, drinks, candy, beads, clothing, etc.
- Units should maintain a close interval with the unit in front of them, and prevent gaps from developing between units.
- Once organizations are moving in the parade they are not allowed stop on the parade route unless so directed by a parade official, police officer, or when there is something physically impeding forward movement.
- Bands will not stop anywhere on the parade route for maneuvers or demonstrations except as outlined in rule 5 above. Such maneuvers or demonstrations are allowed if the Band continues forward progress, and maintains a close interval with the unit in front of them.
- Horse Units must provide fecal cleanup for their animals following directly behind throughout the parade.
- All horses participating in the parade require Coggins Certification. Proof of certification must be available when in the Staging and Parade Areas.
- All organizations are to check in at the “Parade Check-in Tent” in the Staging Area to insure proper sequencing, and organization positioning prior to the start of the parade.
The STATIC DISPLAY APPLICATION should be completed online here. Please contact Cindy Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the online display application.
LINKS TO MILITARY VETERANS ORGANIZATIONS
Click on PAST PARADE PROGRAMS to see Programs that describe past Veterans Day Parades in Dallas.